Dr Liz Timbs
Postdoctoral Teaching Scholar
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Co-authored with Peter Alegi. “The Izichwe Youth Football Club: Youth, Sport and Masculine Respectability in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa,” Journal of Southern African Studies 45, 4 (2019): 963-980.
“An In(ter)vention of Tradition: The Revival of Medical Male Circumcision in KwaZulu-Natal, 2009-2016,” Journal of Natal and Zulu History 32, 1 (2018): 55-77.
Manuscripts in Preparation
"The Regiment: Cultural Histories of Zulu Masculinities and Gender Formation in South Africa, 1816-2018"
- Ph.D. in African History from Michigan State University, 2019
- M.A. in Comparative World History from George Mason University, 2009
- B.A. in History and Political Science from Belmont University, 2006
- AFS 276 - 001 – SyllabusIntroduction to History of West Africa11:45 - 01:00 T HOnline Delivery
- AFS 475 - 001History of the Republic of South Africa01:30 - 02:45 T HOnline Delivery
- HI 276 - 001 – SyllabusIntroduction to History of West Africa11:45 - 01:00 T HOnline Delivery
- HI 475 - 001History of the Republic of South Africa01:30 - 02:45 T HOnline Delivery